I woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise; I had been nominated for a Liebster Award!
I would like to say a special heartfelt thank you to http://bdhesse.wordpress.com for this amazing honour. As per tradition, here are my answers:
1) Who is your favorite author?
J.K Rowling. I’m a diehard Harry Potter fan and always will be. Her books helped me through my adolescence and let’s face it, it’s a pretty awkward time.
2) What is the best book they have written?
The Goblet of Fire, for whatever reason I have reread this one at least 5 times.
3) Marvel or DC?
I’m not really a superhero sort of person. Sorry! If I had to choose a favorite one it would be Sailor Moon hands down.
4) What do you think is the most important cause to fight for?
I think any and all causes are important but the one that always strikes a chord with me is the fight for equality. We’re all human regardless of the colour of our skin or our lifestyle choices. I never understood how some people create boundaries between mankind as if to say, no we’re better then you.
5) Do you volunteer? Why?
In between work and planning a wedding unfortunately I do not. However, prior to becoming a fulltime worker I volunteered at Simon Fraser University as a kind of conduit for new and perspective students.
6) If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Paris. There’s just something so romantic, magical and surreal about it. I’ve never been but I think once I go I’ll have a hard time leaving.
7) What truth do you hold as self evident?
That life goes on.
8) Where does truth come from?
Experience and acceptance.
9) Education is…
Knowledge and knowledge is power.
10) What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who are late, it drives me crazy.
11) What is your hope for the future?
That kids will read more and text, Tweet and Facebook less.
I would like to nominate the following blogs:
Interesting Literature: http://interestingliterature.com/
Chapter TK: http://chaptertk.com/
The Bookshelf of Emily J: http://thebookshelfofemilyj.com/
My Little Bookblog: http://mylittlebookblog.wordpress.com/
Consumed by Ink: http://consumedbyink.ca/
I am sadly not following very many blogs as I don’t have a lot of time to read through them, these are the ones I frequent the most and whose posts I enjoy tremendously. Congratulations to all of the nominees!
Here are my questions to the nominees:
1) What novel changed your life and why?
2) Where is your favorite place to read?
3) If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
4) What is your greatest blogging accomplishment?
5) What novel or novel(s) would you never be able to part with?
6) What is your ideal vacation?
7) In 10 years from now where would you like to be? (mentally, physically wherever)
8) What are three long term goals you have for yourself?
9) If you could give your teenage self a piece of advice what would it be?
10) What’s one thing you are scared to do but would like to do anyways?
11) What is your advice for bloggers everywhere?